Whether or not marketers work in retail or around the tourism vertical, the checklist for influencer partnerships remains the same.
First off, you need to understand the reach of the influencer’s audience, the demographics of their audience and how those facts relate to the objectives of your campaign. Then, once you decide on the influencer to work with and run the sponsored content, there’s evaluating the performance of their content to determine if that relationship is providing the desired ROI.
In order to showcase how ListenFirst can help retail marketers answer those questions around Influencer campaigns, here was our successful approach around measuring the effectiveness of VISIT FLORIDA’s partnership with influencers.
Influencer marketing has taken off in the past two years, demanding dollars from advertisers’ marketing budgets. However, many brands lack data-driven insights into their influencer marketing program—from knowing which influencers to partner with, to understanding if the campaigns actually were successful, to deciding whether or not they should continue partnerships with these influencers. This has prevented marketers from justifying budget being put towards that marketing tactic.
VISIT FLORIDA tapped ListenFirst to gain insight on influencers they were looking to partner with to ensure they would be a good fit for their social strategy. They also needed to gauge each influencer’s social impact once the influencer marketing campaign was launched, to evaluate if the partnership was successful.
ListenFirst Created A Framework For Deep Analytics into Influencers, Campaign Strategy, and Performance.
1. VISIT FLORIDA provided ListenFirst with lists of influencers they were interested in partnering with for upcoming campaigns to understand their past travel content performance and brand partnerships, across all social channels
2. ListenFirst tracked the social accounts of each influencer, and compiled pre-partnership reports analyzing the following:
- Social performance for travel and non-travel content
- Performance benchmarks based on the influencers’ other travel partnerships
- Top performing content from the influencers’ past travel partnership campaign
3. Using ListenFirst’s influencer and content insights, VISIT FLORIDA determined their influencer partner and campaign strategy, and launched their partnership campaign
VISIT FLORIDA Implemented a Data-Driven Influencer Marketing Program from Start to Finish, to Justify Partnerships and Spend
In addition to influencer background and content strategy insights, ListenFirst sent post-campaign reporting allowing VISIT FLORIDA to determine if the campaign was successful, using these actionable insights:
- Influencer performance (posts published, impressions, responses, engagement rate)
- Top performing content across all social platforms
- Social listening and sentiment analysis surrounding the influencer campaign partnership
- Brand lift for VISIT FLORIDA based on fan growth and responses during the partnership, as compared to VISIT FLORIDA’s average
- Benchmarking the influencers’ campaign performance against VISIT FLORIDA’s social accounts to see if the partnership brought increased visibility
Meagan Dougherty, the Public Relations Director at VISIT FLORIDA explains the impact for their brand, “As influencer marketing continues to grow, brands are looking for a way to properly vet influencers. The ListenFirst tool has allowed VISIT FLORIDA to select influencers who fit into our marketing and PR strategies and have proven ROI on previous campaigns.”
Based on ListenFirst’s influencer and campaign insights, Visit Florida was able to launch partnerships with vetted influencers who had high performing travel content during past partnerships. ListenFirst analysis and reporting enabled VISIT FLORIDA to understand which of these influencers drove brand lift for VISIT FLORIDA. This enabled them to continue these successful partnerships, and discontinue partnerships with influencers who didn’t prove to be a fit.
By leveraging ListenFirst and a data-driven approach to evaluating influencer partnerships, retail marketers can experience the same level of clarity around both choosing the right brand advocates and in measuring the impact of their own influencer related social media marketing campaigns.
Ready to take an even deeper dive into how ListenFirst can optimize your social media related campaigns and partnerships? We’d love to help – request a demo above.